English course Madrid, the perfect option if you study or work.
Make the Standard your perfect combination course. If you have a busy week but still want to make good progress with your English, the Standard is for you. With classes only 2 days a week (or once on Saturdays), it’s the perfect course to combine with work or studies and enables you to study 2 levels in one academic year. Standard courses are now on offer right through the day and in most IH centres, so whatever your availability, we have a schedule to suit you.
||1 level in 4 ½ months (> 96 hours)
|Hours and days
||Monday and Wednesday 3 hours per day
Tuesday and Thursday 3 hours per day
Friday 5 ½ hours per day
Saturday 5 ½ hours per day
||All IH Madrid locations
Many timeslots available
||01/10/2015 - 18/02/2016
19/02/2016 - 28/06/2016
||Aurora se está preparando para el CPE y
explica su experiencia del exámen CAE.
Included in the course:
- Free pass for conversation club (minimum level B1).
- Student folder containing backpack, notebook, pen, pencil, etc.
- Continuous care and advice by pedagogical expert.
- Individual tutorial with the teacher at the end of each term.
- 30 minutes additional individual tutorial on request.
- Free access to multimedia systems for all students in our Madrid centres.
- Books and DVDs loan service.
- Additional events (monographic courses, quizzes, pub quiz ...)
A relaxed and open format for people who have a B1 level (or higher) of English and want to talk about current issues in a relaxed atmosphere and enhance their oral level. We give you a bonus of 6 sessions per level and you can buy additional bonuses.
||Sessions of 1 hour
||All IH Madrid centres, many different timeslots
||Consult reception for dates
Professional service of level certification.
- Compulsory: Level test required for courses at ih centres = Free.
- Optional: Certification of Level of achievement granted by International House Madrid which includes student record towards the next Cambridge ESOL exam = 20 €
- Optional: detailed English or Spanish report in 48h = 60 €.
One to one classes
Voucher of 10 classes at home between 10:30 to 13:30 costs € 350 (depending on availability of teachers).
Steps to enrol:
To ensure that the course is appropriate for your level of English, you are required to take a free level test before enrolling. To do this test you have to make an appointment, by clicking the red button. Once you have completed your level test you will be advised which is the best course to help you achieve your objectives.
Prices 2015/16 Standard course
Payment in full
First level studied, before start of first period
Second level studied, before start of second period
Payment for the academic year (2 levels)
before the start of the first period
Payment in 4 instalments
Two payments per level studied:
(01/10/2015 and 02/11/2015)
(19/02/2016 and 18/03/2016)
|Last date to pay deposit (€60, deducted from
next invoice) to secure place for the next level
In order to join a class, each installment must be paid before the payment dates stated, and always before the start of the course.
In order to ensure availability of space and the proper functioning of the groups, the students need to pay before the start of each level, a reservation deposit of 60 euros, deductible of the course fee. Registration for more than one level is subject to passing the first level; students who have to repeat levels may request a refund of the fees of the levels which were not started. Where payment is in installments the reservation deposit can be deduct from the last installment, this means the student has assured their place until the end of the level, as long as all the installments are paid before the due date.
The reservation deposit is not refundable in case of cancellation by the student. If the student decides to cancel his place before the start of the course, the student will be refunded the remaining amount paid. If the student decides to cancel the course once the classes have begun, the student will receive a bonus, with global validity in any center of our organization, equal to the remainder of the fees paid, minus the amount paid relating to fees which have already been consumed in whole when paid in installments.
Our centers are open from 8:00 am to 22:00 h.
Courses that don't lead to obtaining qualifications with the Spanish official value in formal education system. Courses that lead to the award of prestigious international titles recognized and respected worldwide in the field of language teaching and training of language teachers.
International House Madrid is:
- AUTHORISED EXAMINATION CENTRE PLATINUM category for all the exams at the University of Cambridge
- TEST PREPARATION CENTER TOEFL, TOEIC and IELTS
- CENTRE OF PREPARATION of the Alliance Française exams
- VORBEREITUNGSZENTRUM examinations of the Goethe Institut
- EXAMINATION CENTER of the Instituto Cervantes exams
- CENTER ADVISORY for other exams.
Offers and special conditions (not cumulative)
- 10% discount for the first relative (first degree) of a student who enrols at the same time as them, 20% for the second relative, 30% for the third and subsequent direct relatives, discounts applicable to any course in any language for any age and any level offered at any of our centres in Comunidad de Madrid (see conditions).
- Second Language: 25% discount on French or German courses for students who are doing or have done an English course at one of our centers (not applicable to schools and businesses).
- Students: 28% discount for university students in our centers ih Universtitaria and ih Las Rozas (conditions apply).