English communication course
International House Madrid presents an innovative course for students whose English is beyond level C1 and who wish to improve their communication skills and their ability to interact in an international context.
The course will increase your confidence in public speaking, your capacity to engage with a multicultural audience, your ability to present your arguments in a convincing fashion and, in general, your spoken and written communicative ability.
3 hours per week
|Hours and days
||3 hours per week(> 100 hours)
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 1 hour per day
Thursday or Friday 3 hours per day
||IH Alonso Martínez, IH Nuevos Ministerios
||01/10/2015 - 28/06/2016
||Extracts of various presentations in English from students of the "Certificate in Advanced Communication" course.
Included in the course:
- Free pass for conversation club (minimum level B1).
- Student folder containing backpack, notebook, pen, pencil, etc.
- Continuous care and advice by pedagogical expert.
- Individual tutorial with the teacher at the end of each term.
- 30 minutes additional individual tutorial on request.
- Free access to multimedia systems for all students in our Madrid centres.
- Books and DVDs loan service.
- Additional events (monographic courses, quizzes, pub quiz ...)
A relaxed and open format for people who have a B1 level (or higher) of English and want to talk about current issues in a relaxed atmosphere and enhance their oral level. We give you a bonus of 6 sessions per level and you can buy additional bonuses.
||Sessions of 1 hour
||All IH Madrid centres, many different timeslots
||Consult reception for dates
Professional level certification service
- Compulsory: Level test required for courses at ih centres = Free.
- Optional: Certification of Level of achievement granted by International House Madrid which includes student record towards the next Cambridge ESOL exam = 20 €
- Optional: detailed English or Spanish report in 48h = 60 €.
One to one classes
Voucher of 10 classes at home between 10:30 to 13:30 costs € 350 (depending on availability of teachers).
Steps to enrol:
To ensure that the course is appropriate for your level of English, you are required to take a free level test before enrolling. To do this test you have to make an appointment, by clicking the red button. Once you have completed your level test you will be advised which is the best course to help you achieve your objectives.
Certificate in advanced communication skills 2015-2016
Payment in full
Payment for the academic year
Payment in 3 instalments
Three payments (01/10/2015, 07/01/2016 18/03/2016)
|Last date to pay deposit (€60, deducted from
next invoice) to secure place for the next level
In order to join a class, each installment must be paid before the payment dates stated, and always before the start of the course.
To reserve your place
In order to ensure availability and smooth functioning of the groups, students need to pay a reservation deposit of 60 euros before the start of each level, deductible from the course fee. Registration for more than one level is subject to passing the first level; students who have to repeat levels may request a refund of the fees of the levels which have not been started. Where payment is in instalments, the deposit can be deducted from the final payment. This means that the student’s place is guaranteed until the end of the level, provided all installments are paid before the due date.
The reservation deposit is not refundable in the event of cancellation by the student. If the student decides to cancel his/her place before the start of the course, the student will receive a refund of the remaining amount paid. If the student decides to cancel the course once classes have begun, the student will receive a voucher, with global validity in any school in the IH World Organisation, equal to the remainder of the fees paid, minus the amount paid relating to fees which have already been consumed in full when paid in installments.
Our centres are open from 8:00h to 22:00 h.
Our courses do not lead to qualifications within the formal Spanish education system, but instead to gaining prestigious international titles recognized and respected worldwide in the field of language teaching and in the training of language teachers.
International House Madrid is:
- a PLATINUM-CATEGORY AUTHORISED EXAMINATION CENTRE for all the exams of the University of Cambridge
- a TEST PREPARATION CENTER for TOEFL, TOEIC and IELTS
- a PREPARATION CENTRE for the Alliance Française exams
- VORBEREITUNGSZENTRUM for Goethe Institut examinations
- an EXAMINATION CENTRE for Instituto Cervantes exams
- an ADVISORY CENTRE for other exams.
Offers and special conditions (not cumulative)
- 10% discount for the first relative (first degree) of a student who enrols at the same time as them, 20% for the second relative, 30% for the third and subsequent direct relatives; discounts applicable on any course in any language for any age and any level offered at any of our centres in the Comunidad de Madrid (see conditions).
- Second Language: 25% discount on French or German courses for students who are doing or have done an English course at one of our centres (not applicable to schools and businesses).
- Students: 28% discount for university students in our centres ih Ciudad Universtitaria and ih Las Rozas (conditions apply).